Better Basic Broadband Scheme
If your property is not included in the current superfast broadband programme and you can only access a speed of 2Mbps or less, there is a government scheme in place to help you access better broadband.
This is called the Better Basic Broadband Subsidy, but is also known as the national Universal Service Commitment.
To obtain this subsidy, you have to apply for a voucher code, which can then be used in part-payment for the installation of a broadband solution.
Through the scheme, residents with broadband connections of less than 2Mbps have the opportunity to apply for a subsidy of up to £350 towards the installation and set up of a satellite or fixed wireless broadband solution for their property.
Those who receive the subsidy will be able to choose from a particular range of broadband suppliers and plans, each offering varying speeds, data limits and prices.
We recommend comparing the various services on offer before placing an order. The different suppliers are listed below.
If you think you are eligible and wish to apply for a subsidy, please follow the process outlined at the bottom of this page.
Groups of Properties e.g. hamlets or villages
If you live in an area where multiple properties are eligible for the subsidy, you can add your subsidies together and put the combined amount towards a fixed wireless or fixed line superfast broadband service for the wider community, if this is more appropriate.
This may mean that you can access a better broadband service by working together than if you each applied on your own. If you wish to do this, please speak directly to your broadband supplier.
Companies taking part in the national Better Basic Broadband Subsidy Scheme include:
In some areas it may be possible to order a 4G sevice using the subsidy. On the whole, 4G provides a faster internet service than satellite and offers larger monthly data packages. The latency of a 4G service is usually lower compared to satellite.
Apply for a Subsidy Code
If you are eligible for the scheme, you will need to apply for a subsidy code to give your supplier so that they can claim the money for your solution from the government.
If you would like to apply for a subsidy code, there is a simple four stage process outlined below:
Stage 1: Register your details with us
- Fill in the boxes below with your name, email address and the phone number of the telephone line that has broadband speeds below 2Mbps
- Enter your postcode and click 'Find Address'. Select your address from the list and click the submit button (Please enter your postcode with the usual spaces, e.g. "SO23 8UJ" rather than "SO238UJ")
- We will send you an automated email confirming your registration, your reference number and a PDF copy of the Application Guide
Stage 2: Find out if you are eligible
- We will check if your address is eligible and email you with an answer within 30 days. If you are eligible we will email you with further details and a link to the second stage of the application form
Stage 3: Register with central government
- Visit the government website and complete a second, more detailed form. We are sorry that there are two forms to fill in, but the government needs to ask a few more specific questions in order to verify your application
- After submitting the second form you will receive a subsidy code via email within 30 days
Stage 4: Place the order with your preferred supplier:
- Use your subsidy code to place an order with any of the suppliers listed above that operate in Hampshire. Your code will be valid for 30 days.
To apply, please complete the form below: