Rural Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme
The Rural Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme is designed to help residents and businesses in some of the hardest-to-reach parts of Hampshire get access to the latest broadband technology. The scheme offers funding towards installing gigabit-capable broadband with speeds up to 1000 Megabits per second (Mbps) - more than enough for any household or small-medium sized enterprise (SME).
- Applicants must be in a rural area (as classified by DeFRA)
- Only group projects are allowed (a group being 2 or more residents or businesses).
- A group of residents or businesses or a combination of both can apply
- Applicants must have current internet speeds below 30Mbps
- £3,500 is available per SME
- £1,500 is available per resident
- The voucher is to support the cost of installing new gigabit-capable connections only.
For more information see https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk/rural/ where there is also a postcode checker to find out if you are eligible. If you are in an eligible area, there will be a message telling you the postcode meets the rurality criteria.
This scheme is running in conjunction with the Gigabit Voucher Scheme which is only open to residents if they apply with a business and is available in rural and non-rural areas. See https://www.hampshiresuperfastbroadband.com/alternative-solutions/gigabit-broadband-voucher-scheme/