Hampshire Top Up to the Gigabit Broadband Voucher
The Hampshire Top-Up to the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme is designed to provide additional funding for residents in rural Hampshire so they can get access to fast, reliable broadband services.
Eligible residents can get vouchers worth up to £3,000 per property - double the value of the government’s standard Gigabit Broadband Voucher.
The broadband will be delivered on gigabit-capable infrastructure which can support internet speeds of up to 1000Mbps.
To qualify, residents must live in a rural area, be unable to get broadband speeds of 100Mbps or more and apply as a group of two or more premises.
Find out if you are eligible by using our postcode checker below.
New step-by-step guide to applying
The step-by-step guide below explains how to find out if you’re eligible for the Hampshire Top-Up to the Gigabit Broadband Voucher scheme, and how the application process works:
- Check you live in an eligible area by entering your postcode in the box above.
- You need to apply as a group. Join up with other nearby residents (at least you and one other neighbour) and nominate a community lead.
- Find a registered supplier in your area by going to the government's Gigabit Voucher Scheme (GBVS) webpage
- The supplier will provide you with a quote, make the application for the vouchers on your behalf and guide you through the process.
- Once your application has been received the Gigabit Voucher Scheme team will email you to make sure you want to go ahead. If your project costs more than £3,000 per property you will have to pay the remaining money if you wish to continue.
- Your supplier starts building your community's new broadband network.
- Choose an internet service provider once the network has been built, and purchase a superfast broadband package to get conncted and validate your voucher.
- Applicants must be in a rural area (as classified by DeFRA)
- Only group projects are allowed (a group being 2 or more residents).
- Applicants must have current internet speeds below 100Mbps and not currently be gigabit capable
- The Hampshire Top-Up to the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme will be allocated on a ‘first-come, first served’ basis
- Up to £3,000 is available per residential premises
- The voucher is to support the cost of installing new gigabit-capable connections only
- You must commit to a 12-month contract with your supplier for downloads speeds of at least 30 Mbps through a gigabit-capable connection to get the funding
Gigabit-capable networks are future proof. They can deliver the connection speeds we need - not only today but far into the future. Getting ready for a gigabit speed with full fibre connections will support increasing demand for:
- Multiple internet connected devices
- Cloud storage
- Film, TV and music streaming
- Video calls
- Remote and flexible working
Find out if you are eligible for funding from the Hampshire Top-Up to the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme by using the postcode checker above, and get your gigabit connection application started.